Ayahuasca, pre-Dieta, diet with Master trees (Palos Maestros), Shamanic Plant Diet, Toé and Camalonga: Healing, Visions and Apprenticeship in the “Ayahuma” Camp.
The Ayahuma venue is our new retreat project near the jungle town of Iquitos, in the Peruvian Amazon Rainforest, where you will be directly exposed to ancestral Amazonian shamanic practices, and experience intense healing rituals engaging the sacramental use of Ayahuasca, the famed visionary “Vine of the Soul” (a magical brew which takes its name from the homonymous woody vine Banisteriopsis caapi), Mapacho (Nicotiana sp., black jungle tobacco) and a dreaming journey with the Plant Teachers Toé (Brugmansia suavolens, a tropical variety of Datura) and Camalonga (Thevetia peruviana). You may combine your Ayahuasca, plant diet tester (pre-dieta), diet with Palos Maestros (master trees) and shamanic plant diet apprenticeship with optional Camalonga rituals, during your staying (strictly, advance booking only),
You will have a direct exposure to the traditional cosmovision of the curanderos, the shamanic healers of the Peruvian Amazon. This is not to be intended as a formal lecture of anthropological contents, but rather as hands-on training with plant teachers and master trees. You will take part to ritual cleansing herbal and clay baths, followed by purification ceremonies, alongside luck-changing floral baths will complement your very intense Ayahuasca journey (FIVE Ayahuasca rituals per week, for the Ayahuasca retreat, and ONE-THREE Ayahuasca rituals per week, during the plant diet & shamanic apprenticeship retreats).
An opportunity to be one with Amazonian plants and nature, you will gradually learn how to sing shamanic lyrics (icaros), how to use plant teachers (plantas maestras) for healing and vision, and be exposed to traditional indigenous knowledge in a radically different way than any workshop or formal lecture will ever deliver to you. This part of the training is technically called the shamanic “Plant Diet” (Dieta) whilst the candidate apprentice shaman is called dietero (if male), or dietera (if female).
Worlds and worlds may be revealed to you, plants may talk, forest spirits may appear in vision/dreaming, all may come alive, in the visible and invisible realms. The plant spirit world may ultimately appear for what it really is to the eyes and ears of the shaman – not a matter of intellectual anthropological/ethnobotanical research, nor a fictitious Amazonian folk-tale – if you develop the right connection and tune-up your senses. (Read more on the Shamanic Plant Diet Initiation).
Shamanic, Visionary and Healing Programmes
• Participate to Ayahuasca, Camalonga (optional) and Toé ceremonies (as part of the retreat): for healing, learning, vision, power and purification.
• Icaros (shamanic melodies): learn how to sing and write these magical lyrics and their practical uses in ceremonies (Shamanic apprenticeship only).
• Purification and union with the plant spirit world, using perfumed essences (colonies infused with plant teachers), and smudging with Mapacho and/or Palo Santo smoke, for personal protection and purification.
• Diet with Amazonian plant teachers and master trees for knowledge and personal empowerment.
Dieteros (candidates enrolling to the traditional shamanic diet) will learn how to conduct healing rituals themselves, in order to prepare for real life situations on how to use the wealth of knowledge and skills acquired during their training (shamanic apprenticeship only).
• Aromatic baths: cold water ritual baths especially prepared with herbs, flowers and aromatic essences.
• Clay therapy: use rainforest clay to purify the body from dead cells and toxins accumulated with the ageing process.
• Identify the countless specimens of medicinal and teacher plants (plantas maestras), as well as master trees (palos maestros) during the jungle hikes in the rainforest, escorted by shaman and guide.
• Watch and learn how the Ayahuasca medicine is being prepared. Actively participate in the making of the magical brew!!
• Amazon Plant Medicine: identification, uses and preparation of Amazonian medicinal plants. Learning the practice of natural medicine using roots, barks, resins, or plant leaves. (Shamanic apprenticeship only).